Thursday, May 1, 2008

Walk On By

(click on the title to download song)

So I haven't written many love songs (a fact my wife often lovingly chides me about), and it's almost summertime, so why not have a summertime love song? So here it is - Staci, I love you!

Here are the lyrics:

Walk On By

Can you see the sun a waiving
On it’s way out of the sky
Watch it go and hope it’s slow
And know it’s time to say goodbye
Can you hear the calm of evening
It’s a summer melody
Come on and stay a moment longer
Won't you linger here with me

I love, I love, I love you
I want you to be mine
And I’ll be yours tonight
I love, I love, I love you
I’m waiting for you now
So don’t turn and walk on by

Can you see the moon a rising
Up into the stary night
Watch her glowing as she shows us
We should slowly say goodnight
Can you see the fireflies dancing
To the music in the air
And the whole earth joins the chorus
For this song we're meant to share

6 comments:

Seth said...

Anyone heard of the Subdudes? This reminds me of them for some reason.

I like it a lot. You did some good stuff with the guitar work on this one. I somehow liked the way you sang the verses on the "cell phone" version a bit better for some reason.

I also get flack for never writing an "Amber Song." This is good inspiration.

josh graber said...

Yeah, the cellphone version had a little more raw energy, I think...

carli rosencranz said...

very easy breezy and fun to listen to. also, i really like the guitar part on this song. very nice!

Anonymous said...

I liked Carli's comment, Breezy is a good description. I also like how the guitar sounds, it's a very happy song. It sounds like something on the radio, (that being a compliment!) nice work!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the tag. Good solo too.

Anonymous said...

It's a fun song and commercially viable. Nice guitar work.